Facts about Food Security
- Food Security is defined as knowing where your next meal will come from.
- Hunger kills more people every year than AIDS, Malaria and TB.
- More than 900 million people go to bed hungry every day, 300 million are children and 5 million people will die every year from hunger related illnesses.
- Every day, almost 16,000 children die from hunger-related causes.
- Children who are poorly nourished suffer up to 160 days of illness out 365 days each year.
- 98% of people suffering from hunger live in developing countries.
- 17 million are born under weight annually, the result of maternal inadequate nutrition before and during.
- Due to maternal malnurition, a mother cannot produce breast milk to feed her infant baby.
- Provide the necessary resources, technical expertise, and guidance to local farmers.
- Focus on sustainability, quality, yield increase and capacity building to improve the
quality of life for the farmer and their families’ lives.
- Ensure the sustainability of school feeding programs. We feed 3,500 children daily.
- We assist and train local/rural farmers how to expand into the market places to develop economic streams for themselves and their village.
- Empower women farmers to better advocate for their economic rights as business owners.
- Integrate natural resource and soil conservation/fertility practices for all farming projects.
You Can Change A Life
- Provide enough food to sustain the lives for the children around the world.
- Make a donation, your contribution will go to provide quality seed, fertilization, irrigation, tools, systems and support crop management practices.
- Empower women by helping to provide equipment that reduces time and energy used to process cash crops.
- Support the school feeding program to include more children and orphans or the farming program.
- Become a monthly contributor to support feeding programs/improve farming practices.
- Make a one time contribution and invite friends to give.
- Host a campaign to raise funds to support food security or establish a life farm in a remote village in Africa.
- 100% of all gifts impact lives.